|The M/S matrix TM130 completes the range of stereo mastering modules and combines format conversion from and to M/S, stereo base enhancement, direction control, and an elliptical equalizer to maintain a centered, mono compatible low frequency base. The image above shows a ToolMod mastering set that combines the M/S Matrix TM130 with equalizer and compressor.
The combination of the M/S matrix with the special M/S Equalizers and M/S Compressor offers the opportunity of very special treatment of the spatial image of the stereo signal with the Stereo M/S Processor.
ToolMod M/S Processor with 4-Band M/S Equalizer, M/S Compressor, and M/S Matrix with elliptic EQ
ToolMod Stereo Mastering offers:
- outstanding loudness gain without the typical sound of compression
- compression of low frequency signals without pumping and distortion
- natural sounding mixes and high density and loudness achieved by the special functions of the TM222 mastering compressor and the TM215b limiter
- voluminous but transparent bass performance and easy separation of kick drum and bass
- silky, soft high frequencies and effective filtering of interfering frequencies
- subtle shaping as well as aggressive interventions while the result always remains natural with the stereo mastering eq TM205
- effective manipulation of the spatial image of a stereo mix and extensive M/S processing with the TM130 M/S matrix
Like all other ToolMod devices, the stereo mastering modules offer + 30 dBu headroom and a dynamic range of 120 dBRMS.